- Prepare cost estimates for clients
- Read blueprints and follow state and local building codes
- Determine the materials and equipment needed for a job
- Install pipes and fixtures
- Inspect and test installed pipe systems and pipelines
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning systems
- Maintain and repair plumbing sytsems
"I completed school much sooner than my peers. I also got started in a career much sooner than most, allowing me to be financially secure, buy my first home and start saving money for my future while a lot of my peers were just finishing school with a lot of debt."
"I decided that I wanted to be a plumber because it gave me the opportunity to work with my hands. I get to solve people's problems and learn something new every day. As a service plumber, I am able to work with customers and solve different problems daily, as opposed to being on a job site doing the same thing every day."