- Set up, monitor and operate the machines
- Calibrate the settings of the machines for temperature, speed and cycle times
- Feed material into the machines and remove the finished products
- Use gauges and measuring instruments to test finished products and ensure they meet specifications
- Record production numbers
"When you’re tearing into something like a problem and you figure it out, it’s a pretty good feeling. Writing programs, doing changeovers for different parts, it makes the time go by pretty fast. It’s pretty nice. I just like the variety of things."
Tommy started out doing production for Pace Industries. After a few months, his boss asked him to take a CNC class so that he could be a CNC technician for the company.